A couple of days ago I got back in touch with Karen Syed, who taught a great class at the Carroll County Community College last year about how to get your works published.
Main points to remember:
- Get your work out there wherever you can
- Craft a tagline that tells people about your work and how to contact you
- Learn how to write flawless query and cover letters
- Marketing a book is just as important as writint it
- Do something every day to advance your writing career!
Now that's she's seen what I'm working on, she's made up her mind that I have no choice but to go forward. Talk about motivation!
Karen is a publisher who owns the publishing company Echelon Press. She also has a line of books for children and young adults AND she is a successful writer and public speaker in her own right, so I have a lot to live up to!