Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Renaissance

For those of you who are still following my blog after all this time (or, for those of you who scroll down to see the date of my last post... eek!) you'll know that I've been quiet for a while. A little too quiet. What could be percolating in that brain of hers, you might ask? What grand scheme has been a-brewing over these past few months?

Here's my story, in a nutshell:

Writing is lovely. I will always be a writer. I will always be enchanted by the variety of words available in the English language, and the multitude of ways in which they can be assembled. However, when I embarked on my journey to become a published author, I didn't realize that I was using writing as a way to escape from a life that I knew in my heart of hearts just wasn't right for me...

I'll never say that my experience with the writing and publishing world was a bad one; I've learned more than I could have imagined over the past months, and met a whole host of truly wonderful, hard-working, awe-inspiring individuals (some of who you can read about here). But at this point in time, spending hours alone in front of a computer writing fiction after spending all day alone in front of the computer writing (mostly!) non-fiction isn't a recipe for my happiness and success.

So, that begs the question: what is the recipe for my happiness and success? It's a question I'm working on, but have yet to answer. I guess only time will tell.
Post a Comment