Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sunday Report: Bits and Bobs for the Week of December 8

Next up for the Community Fridays interview is a man who hardly needs introduction - Marvin Wilson. He'll be here discussing a little bit about writing, spirituality, and the Christmas Spirit.

I just finished the writing class I took at the Carroll County Community College with Jeffrey Roth. He's very involved in his writing process, and he has a wealth of knowledge to share when it comes to writing and reading to help you develop your skills, but I wish there had been a bit more practical application in the class. Therefore, I'm looking forward to learning more about writing workshops offered by Edie Hemingway. Edie hosts her workshops in Frederick, MD. They cover a wide range of writing-related subjects, such as point of view, finding your inner voice, and writing for children. Can't wait to find out what they're like!

One more thing before I let you go today. I've been working on a speculative fiction story about a society in which debates are resolved by dancing instead of talking. Part of the story has to do with class struggles between the Danceocracy and the Miners, who mine trash heaps for the resources necessary to continue life in the town of Sanfro. My concept artist, Konstantinos Tsiopanos, was kind enough to work me up some concept art for the vehicle used by the Miners. So here, without further ado, is the RollCrawler.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic artwork! Wow - hang onto THAT artist. Your fiction story idea is most interesting - looking forward to the read.

Oh and thanks for the shout out about this coming Friday. Be here with bells on!

Serena said...

great idea for a story. I hope you will share with us. I love the artwork as well.

Where did you find out about these classes in frederick?

Unknown said...

Sounds good, Marvin!

Serena, I recently joined the MWA (Maryland Writers Association), http://www.marylandwriters.org/. The membership includes an email list that has tons of great information. Hope this helps!