Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Better Late Than Never! Upcoming Guest and Events

Okay, I know it's late, but it's still technically Wednesday! I'm in the middle of a big chunk of business travel, so I'll keep this short and sweet. Of course, Marvin over at Free Spirit would say that a writer NEVER keeps it short and sweet, but Mavin's not hear right now. Mwahaha.

My guest this week for Community Fridays will be Danielle Ackley-McPhail, marketing genius and author of the recently released book Tomorrow's Memories. If you get a chance, stop by for some great info, and say hello to Danielle!

Friday, November 21 there will be a meeting of the Washington Science Fiction Association (WSFA) in Greenbelt, MD. They sponsored the terrific Capcalve conference I attended recently (here's a link to next year's Capclave, if you want to plan way, way ahead!) From what I hear, the meeting coming up is pretty informal, and pretty fun. Check out the website for more info.

And of course, two weeks from now is Darkover, a.k.a. the Darkover Grand Council Meeting XXXI in Timonium, MD. Tamora Pierce, one of my favorite fantasy authors of all time, will be one of the presenters, so I'm super psyched. Only $50 for a weekend-long convention, which is not too shabby. I hope I'll be able to make it, as it's a bit of a busy time for me. At least to the Saturday events. We shall see!

1 comment:

Helen Ginger said...

Hi Emma.

I'll be back Friday! And I've made note of those two events. I'm always looking for events to put in my newsletter, Doing It Write. So I'll check them out.