Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Mechalarum Kickstarter Launch Party Was a Success!


First things first: my Kickstarter project is live! You can see all of the lovely details here:

Mechalarum: A Science Fiction Novel (on Kickstarter)

I can't believe that I raised more than 10% of my goal on my first day! Can't wait to see who is going to push me to the $800 mark.

I want to give a big thank you to everyone who came out to the project launch party! I was honored to see how many wonderful people I've met over the last year. It's hard not to get a little teary-eyed when I think about how amazing everyone in NYC has been to me.

Everyone who attended was awesome, but I have to give a special shoutout to the Astoria Newbies for pretty much being the life of the party :)



Also, at the risk of exposing my favorite secret NYC venue to the world, I have to give major props to Chelsea Manor for being such a terrific place to host. Not only is the space terrific for a big group event, but they also whipped up a delicious cocktail with nothing more to go on than "make something that looks space-y." What more could you ask for?


Thanks also to my co-host Ronan Cray (author of the horror novel Red Sand), for helping me organize the event, and for taking such great pictures.

Want to see more? Here's a video of the event!


There's plenty more great stuff to come on the Kickstarter Mechalarum project. Stay tuned!

You might also enjoy...

Mechalarum Excerpt: Part One of Chapter One

In Honor of International Women's Day: Strong Heroines

2 comments:

Tara Merry said...

Wow, massive congratulations!!! xx

Unknown said...

Thank you!!