Monday, November 26, 2012

Cyber Monday Video Game Goodness and More

So, I've got more than enough things to write about, but today I'm going to make a plug for some of my sites in honor of Cyber Monday.

Sure, it's a bit promotional - but maybe, just maybe, you'll find something you're looking for. And I'll be able to talk a bit about writing and niches while I'm at it :)

I create niche sites/articles on a platform called Squidoo that provide people with information they're looking for on the internet. For example, if someone wants to know what video game to get for a friend who owns a Kinect, I've got a list of the best Kinect games that will point them in exactly the right direction. Looking for handheld games instead? 10 Best PS Vita Games or Best 3DS Games might be more your style.

I don't presume to, myself, have the last say on which games are worth buying and which are crud. Instead, I rely on user reviews and votes on my sites to determine game ranking. I see it as a win-win-win proposition. Visitors win because they have a non-biased, easy-to-process list of games ranked by the general public. The game sellers profit as people who might not have otherwise bought games because of indecision can now make an easy choice. And, if people decide to purchase a game based on the recommendations I've collected, I win by getting a cut of the profits.

Of course, it's important to note that this is by no means easy profit: it took me years to discover a niche that was open enough for me to exploit. And it's not exactly passive income, either - top 10 and coming soon/latest and greatest lists (such as this one of upcoming 3DS games) need regular updating in order to stay fresh and vibrant. But, if you love to write, can write a lot of high-quality content quickly, and are interested in sales and marketing, something like this can add a nice income stream to your portfolio.

Finally, if you do have gamers on your holiday shopping list, you might be interested in Amazon's Cyber Monday deals!

Find great Amazon Cyber Monday video game deals here!

No comments: