Friday, October 8, 2010

Dreaming of the Muse

Woke up this morning from a dream that was more than just a dream. It was the inspiration for my next novel! I'm excited, because NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) is just around the corner, and I was worried that I wouldn't get inspired in time.

I don't want to jinx it by talking too much about it here, but I can say that it will be science fiction (finally!) and that it will have a heroine.

Now my only frustration is having to wait until November! I hope I don't lose the spark in the next few weeks, because I'm really feeling it right now. However, I have tons of stuff to keep me busy until then, so it's probably best this way.

Does this ever happen to you? Do your fiction ideas come from dreams? Do they just pop randomly into your head? Or do you work diligently to create and catalog your muse whisperings?
Post a Comment