Monday, May 19, 2008

Urgent Information for New Writers!

I don't normally post twice in one day, but I just ran across an amazing find that I needed to share.

According to the blurb, Duotrope's Digest is "a database of over 2200 current markets for short fiction, poetry, and novels/collections." It has many useful options for searching the database, such as by payscale or genre. I think that it will prove very useful as I begin to submit short stories for publication. And don't forget that it's recommended that a writer read some of the stories from any magazine before submitting, so keep that in mind.

Thanks to Jason Sanford's blog for information about Duotrope, online literary magazine rankings, and also a recommendation for the new Novel & Short Story Writer's Market that I'm going to get right away!

No comments: