Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday Report: Week of November 17th Odds and Ends

Here are some of the fun/informative things that are coming up for the next couple of weeks. Time to get excited!

On the next Community Friday, November 21, I will interview Edmund R. Schubert, author of the newly released Dreaming Creek and an editor of Orson Scott Card's Intergalactic Medicine Show. Issue 10 of Intergalactic Medicine Show has just been released, so I'm really lucky to get a chance to talk with Edmund. Stop by if you get a chance!

For those interested in science fiction and fantasy conventions in the mid-atlantic/northeast, Philcon will be next weekend (November 21-23) in Cherry Hill, NJ. Yeah, this year it's in New Jersey, for those who might be confused: Philcon actually stands for "Philadelphia Conference on Science Fiction and Fantasy." I won't be able to make this one, but it's a large conference that comes highly recommended. Several authors (and great sources of information!), including Danielle Ackley-McPhail, Larry Hodges, and Jonathan Maberry will be in attendance. Good times should be had by all.

Other than that, I will be attending the Washington Science Fiction Association meeting and (possibly) the Darkover convention in Baltimore, as mentioned in last Wednesday's post.

Finally, I've had an assignment to write a Thanksgiving story, to get people in the spirit of the holiday. So I'm going to be working on that. Will it involve a contest? Reader suggestions? Me making up something completely random? Time will tell.

As always, let me know if I missed anything!

4 comments:

Jean Henry Mead said...

Sounds like a couple of exciting weeks, Emma. I hope you're also as excited as I am about my virtual book tour that you'll be hosting on December 5, when you'll be interviewing the sheriff from my senior sleuth mystery novel, A Village Shattered. :) Please invite all your readers to stop by to check out the tour schedule and sign my virtual guestbook at http://myblogtour.blogspot.com/
I'm giving away three signed copies of my novel in a drawing from among those who leave comments at any of the host sites.

Anonymous said...

Great line-up, Emms! And-

"Finally, I've had an assignment to write a Thanksgiving story, to get people in the spirit of the holiday. So I'm going to be working on that. Will it involve a contest? Reader suggestions? Me making up something completely random? Time will tell."

As your benevolent "assignor," I'll leave the delectable details to you, my emerging dear. LOL

Helen Ginger said...

You have a lot going on Emma. I'll keep checking back.

Gayle Carline said...

Wow, all this and you've finished your novel, too! If I wrote a Thanksgiving story, I'd make the turkey an axe murderer. Bwa-ha-ha!